EMS Scholarship Announcement
The COCFRD Volunteer Association is pleased to announce a new scholarship program now available to the communities of the Central Oregon Coast Fire & Rescue District, Seal Rock Fire District and Yachats Rural Fire Protection District.
This scholarship can be used for any schooling related to the Emergency Services Industry. As this is a pilot program, we are currently only offering one scholarship for a total of $1,500.00.
The following are the requirements that must be met to be eligible for the scholarship.
1. Be a resident in either the Central Oregon Coast Fire & Rescue District, Seal Rock Fire District or Yachats Rural Fire Protection District.
2. Able to pass a background check.
3. Be at least 16 years of age (with parent or guardian consent).*
4. Able to assist with Association Events for 6 months preceding the award.
5. Assist with Station Duties including but not limited to groundskeeping, tool maintenance and checks, and general station maintenance at any of Central Coast Fire & Rescue District stations for a total 8 hours per month for a period of 6 months.
Scholarship may be used for or applied towards the following:
1. Emergency Medical Services. For example: EMT or Paramedic
2. Emergency Management Services
3. Fire Science and Fire Fighting
4. Healthcare classes within the emergency services. RN, CMS, CNA for example.
Please send your class request to verify eligibility prior to submitting your application to the email address below.
To apply for the scholarship please fill out a volunteer application form which is available at:
2.) Write an essay explaining to the association members what your current goals are for your future. Where do you see yourself in 5 years and what steps are you taking to achieve those goals. Essay must be at least 500 words (single spaced).
Application Deadline is June 2nd, 2023, by 4:00pm. Award notification will be made on June 27th, 2023. Submit your application and essay either be email to firstname.lastname@example.org, mailing to PO Box 505, Waldport, Oregon 97394 or dropping them off at the main fire station at 125 NW Alsea Hwy, Waldport, Oregon 97394